What is VitalScan Plus?
VitalScan Plus is a simple, painless, non-invasive, early diagnostic cardiovascular test that takes about 15 minutes. Below is a brief, non-comprehensive description of the purpose of each component of the test.
Nervous System Balance
Humans have two opposing nervous systems that should stay in balance. They are the Sympathetic “Flight or Fight” Nervous System, and the Parasympathetic “Rest and Recuperate” Nervous System. When there is an imbalance in these tested systems it can suggest predisposition to hypertension, heart disease, vascular disease, circulation problems, neurological conditions, and many other hidden diseases. Imbalances can be modified by improvement in physical or mental stress, exercise, and proper control of chronic medical conditions.
Atherosclerosis is the most common cause of cardiovascular disease and peripheral artery disease. Plaque buildup thickens and stiffens artery walls which inhibit blood flow through arteries to organs and tissues. In the heart it is known as coronary artery disease and in the legs it is known as peripheral arterial disease. Both these diseases can be caused by correctable problems, such as an unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, being overweight and smoking.
- Tests for the stiffness of the large and small arteries
- Tests the ratio of arm to leg blood pressure, indicating artery blockages and can also suggest any heart blockages
- Tests how much blood your heart can pump out with each beat
- Tests for sweat production which is an early indicator of destruction of the most distant/small nerves of your body
- This test may indicate early diabetes or other toxins to your nervous system such as heavy metals
For more information about this test, please call our office at 973-423-4770.